Friday, June 3, 2011

Barb's Crazy Quilt Project

 I have made Barb wait almost a half a year for this. I sometimes have to think about it a long time before it comes together, however, I think this frame made this piece really special. The middle crazy quilt is raised from the other background about an inch or so. It gives it depth and motion. Barb gave me a box of things that she collected and said, "Here ya go, do what you think." She left little pinned on notes to some of the fabrics telling me they were from grandma's wedding dress, or her wedding dress, or her daughter's wedding. There were matchbook type things from a Fond du Lac Laundry, that contained little sticks to apply to nylon to stop it from running--I wonder, nylons?....there were the needlebooks, and she gave me three buttons, But a piece this big needs more than three, so I picked out of my vintage stash to add. The little chicken fabric was from her graduation dress. There was one photo, of which I included of her daughter's wedding party along with the lace. I hope to give it to her this weekend. See you next week!!
added this:

No comments:

Post a Comment