Saturday, June 25, 2011

Working Hard for Art Shows

Plum Lake Public Pier with vintage Girl Swimmer







I was really happy with the results of this picture. I have had the print of the girl swimmer for quite awhile and knew that I would know what to do with it when the time came. 

You will see how my work evolves as I show you the next few paintings. 


The last time I did these collages, people seemed to like this dark background the best. However, I have experimented with other colors and think people will like them also. 

I like to paint the postcard into the picture if I can. It is difficult to write on paintings, so, if I can, I also add pre-lettered verses instead. 


I like the use of vintage maps and I actually found one that listed the resorts and put them on the map where they were. This is helpful in my research when doing these pieces. 


This is the map that listed the resorts. I tried to make it a bigger picture so you can see it. I really like working with fishing and canoeing themes, but I have plans to explore other subjects as well. 

I had a lot of fun creating the background for this nice piece. I enjoy using the illustrations of women in these themes.

Well, that's about it for now, but I hope to make a lot more this week. I will post them as I do them. I will be in St. Germain on July 3 and 4. Hope to see you there!!

No comments:

Post a Comment